Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The Beginning of The End...

So, in order to further my career, I decided to go back and get my Ph.D. While in theory, a good idea, the result could be disastrous at this point in my life. We'll see.

The point of this post was to describe my annoyance today. I am returning to my Alma Mater for my Ph.D (both for my bachelor's and master's degrees) and today went wandering around the campus that I spent years wandering. However, it took me longer to get everywhere because I had to find elevators. Obviously, as a healthy young college student, I could huff it up a few flights of stairs. Now...going up stairs is barely an option. I feel like a loser going to the elevator when no one can outwardly tell I need to use it. 

Grrrr.

2 comments:

  1. It's Liz.

    Please, at Salem State everyone tries to cram into the elevator. In fact, on days I've used my cane in school I've had kids not step off to let me on, and a few of them I *knew* were perfectly healthy.

    Running a blog isn't a bad thing. It gives you a place to rant and can act as a journal when your doctor wants you to keep track of certain pains and when they happen. I do just want to throw this out there though, only because I've had livejournal friends like this and I wouldn't want you to do the same. Don't let the blog take over your life and make it so you see yourself "Heather=RA" but instead you're "Heather, a person with RA."

    ReplyDelete
  2. See, @URI, no one ever used the elevators. But we don't have huge buildings either.

    I don't plan on letting it take over my life. I just want a place to vent about it every once in awhile. And eventually, to celebrate milestones regarding RA...hopefully :-)

    ReplyDelete